Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Ashley's Ashes...


In the end, all that remains are their ashes... Ashley's were so complete, and white as snow. We held her perfect little body. Tiny toes and fingers and wispy dark hair. It's hard to believe that not too long ago, she was still alive and kicking within me...How could that precious little girl be reduced to ashes? We didn't expect it to end like this but at least we got to tell her that Daddy and Mummy love her, just like how we did her brothers...

Joash's ashes are below. He was delivered much earlier than his twin sister so his ashes are less distinct but equally beautiful...God, our babies are already yours, so why can't we have them longer?


We had the 1st two lines of this verse carved onto our babies' niche, to remind ourselves that their conception and delivery is all part of God's plan, that nothing happened out of an accident. Hence we submit humbly to His sovereign will; we surrender the custody of our 3 angels to the Lord until the day we reunite again at Heaven's Gate...

"For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother's womb. I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well.

My frame was not hidden from you when I was made in the secret place. When I was woven together in the depths of the earth, your eyes saw my unformed body. All the days ordained for me were written in your book before one of them came to be."

Psalm 129:13-16.